MCAS lobby day and forum
MTA and CARE/Alliance for High Standards NOT High Stakes to sponsor Forum and Lobby Day
February 11, 2003, 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Gardner Auditorium, The State House
Gather at 11:00 a.m. for a session on lobbying. Sponsors will provide packets and other important information to give to you representative and senator to insist that they make sure the elimination of the graduation requirement comes up in both houses and that they vote to end to use of MCAS as a graduation requirement.
Forum begins at 1 p.m. in Gardner Auditorium. Let your legislators know that it is important that they hear what is said at this forum.
Speakers are, to date:
- Dr. Ross Greene, author of The Explosive Child
- Walt Haney, testing expert from Boston College
- Frank Haydu former member of the Board of Education, businessman and former acting Commissioner of education
- Debra Meier, principal, Mission Hill Pilot School, Boston, author and renown authority on assessments
- Monte Neill, Executive Director of FairTest.
At 2:30 p.m. the lobbying group will reconvene for those who come in the afternoon.