Teachers' Retirement Board offers workshops
Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement Board Offers Retirement Programs
The Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement Board is offering two different retirement programs that may interest you:
- READY FOR RETIREMENT, if you are retiring this year, or
- THE NEXT CHAPTER, if you are simply in the process of evaluating your future retirement plans.
READY FOR RETIREMENT
The MTRB staff will be presenting the popular seminar, "Ready for Retirement," at different locations around the Commonwealth in March. Ready for Retirement is an optional, free, two-hour program (6-8 p.m.) specifically for members retiring in 2005. The MTRB is reaching out to soon-to-be retirees because of an anticipated substantial increase in the number of retirements this year, and, by going on the road before the retirement season begins, the MTRB hopes to provide you with an opportunity to meet the MTRB staff and learn about the most recent changes that may affect your retirement.
- the new retirement application process, including the new online benefit estimator and downloadable retirement application,
- the new actuarial tables used to calculate benefits under Options B and C,
- retirement benefits under the regular and RetirementPlus formulas,
- purchasing credit for past service,
- health insurance in retirement and
- various post-retirement issues.
MEDFORD, Thursday, March 3, McGlynn School
LAWRENCE, Tuesday, March 8, South Lawrence East School
PITTSFIELD, Thursday, March 10, Pittsfield High School
TOPSFIELD, Tuesday, March 15, Masconomet Regional Middle School
AUBURN, Monday, March 21, Auburn High School
MARLBORO, Wednesday, March 23, Marlboro Middle and Intermediate School
BARNSTABLE, Wednesday, March 23, Barnstable High School
BRAINTREE, Tuesday, March 29, Braintree High School
THE NEXT CHAPTER
For members five to 15 years from retirement
Invest a day in your future!
In April, the MTRB will be presenting the award-winning retirement planning program, The Next Chapter, in Sturbridge and Bridgewater. While The Next Chapter is designed for members who are five to 15 years from retirement, it is a valuable program for any member working on a retirement plan. If you decide to attend, the MTRB encourages you to bring your spouse or companion. Also, since the MTRB thinks that this is a such a helpful, practical program, please pass this information along to colleagues who may be interested.
The Next Chapter program is an all day, comprehensive retirement planning program that has been presented by the MTRB since 1986 in order to help teachers and administrators prepare for retirement. It features professionals who address many retirement issues, including:
- Financial planning
- Estate planning
- Social Security and Medicare for the Massachusetts Educator
- Transition to Retirement
- Your MTRS Benefits
This year's dates and locations are:
- STURBRIDGE, Saturday, April 23, Sturbridge Host Hotel
- BRIDGEWATER, Saturday, April 30, Bridgewater State College
There is a registration fee of $35 for members that covers the cost of the program materials, meals, and speakers. There is a $20 fee for guests.
Pre-registration is required for the above programs. You must register at least 10 days before the program you wish to attend; enrollment is limited and registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Next Chapter Program can be a valuable resource in your personal retirement planning.