Stand For Children Summit
Saturday, January 26, 2008
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Reading Memorial High School
- Hear from state leadership on education initiatives
- Network with citizen advocates, educators and leaders from 50 towns
- Learn how to make local and state changes that help children in your community
- Understand how education funding is calculated and distributed
- Learn how to talk effectively to lawmakers and the media
- Learn how to win a Proposition 2 1/2 campaign
MTA is a collaborating partner for the summit. A $30 registration fee covers workshops, materials, lunch and snacks and childcare.
Keynote speakers including Paul Reville, chairman of the Massachusetts Board of Education, and Dr. Dana Mohler-Faria, special advisor to the governor on education.
For more information, and to register, visit http://www.standleadershipcenter.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?pid=565&srcid=244.