MTRS offers retirement information programs
The Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System and its staff have announced two retirement programs that are scheduled to take place at various locations across the state
The programs are:
- Your MTRS Benefits: for all members interested in learning more about the MTRS retirement plan and benefits, and
- The Next Chapter: an all-day retirement planning program for members five to 15 years from retirement.
The details on both programs are below; space is limited, and registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Online registration is required for all of these programs and is available at http://mass.gov/mtrs.
Your MTRS Benefits
Your MTRS Benefits is an optional, free, two-hour (4-6 p.m.) informal program for any member who wants more information about MTRS retirement benefits—whether you are a new member, mid-career educator or soon-to-be retiree.
- the benefits provided under the MTRS plan
- purchasing creditable service
- estimating your retirement benefits under the regular and RetirementPlus formulas
- various issues you need to consider in retirement, including health insurance coverage, taxation of your retirement benefit, the rules on working after retirement, Social Security—and more!
Program locations and dates:
- HOLYOKE, Tuesday, April 7; Holyoke High School auditorium
- BARNSTABLE, Thursday, April 9; Barnstable High School, Knight Auditorium
- WEYMOUTH, Tuesday, April 14; Weymouth High School auditorium
- IPSWICH, Thursday, April 16; Ipswich High School auditorium
- AUBURN, Tuesday, April 28; Auburn High School auditorium
- FOXBOROUGH, Thursday, April 30; Foxborough School auditorium
- MARLBOROUGH, Tuesday, May 5; Marlborough High School Little Theater
- CAMBRIDGE, Thursdays, May 7 & May 14; MTRS Main Office, Presentation Room
- PLUS an additional location in Western Massachusetts to be announced.
Register online at http://mass.gov/mtrs
The Next Chapter
The Next Chapter is an award-winning retirement planning program for members who are five to 15 years from retirement, but for any educators working on a retirement plan. Members are encouraged to bring their spouse or companion.
This all day, comprehensive retirement planning program features expert speakers who address many retirement issues, including:
- Financial planning
- Estate planning
- Social Security and Medicare for the Massachusetts educator
- Your MTRS Benefits
MARLBOROUGH BEST WESTERN HOTEL, Saturday, May 9, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Registration fee: $35 per person, which includes a continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments. Space is limited, and registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Register online at http://mass.gov/mtrs by Friday, May 1.