New statewide radio ad campaign urges greater investment in our communities
A new advertising campaign launched on March 25 will boost the growing momentum behind efforts to increase investments to repair our state’s roads and bridges, strengthen public schools, protect healthcare, expand early education, improve public transportation, and make public colleges more affordable for middle class families.
The radio ad airing across the state will focus on the need to continue investing in our communities.
The ad script says:
“Massachusetts has recovered from the recession faster and stronger than the rest of the country because our elected leaders have made the investments needed to protect our communities, add jobs and grow our economy. Now the Legislature is deciding whether to make major new investments to repair our state’s roads and bridges, improve public transportation, protect health care, and make public colleges more affordable for middle-class families.
“Just days ago, over 50 leading Massachusetts economists wrote an open letter stating that investments in transportation and education are needed to keep our state competitive and help our communities thrive. Many citizens agree that investments in both areas are needed to keep our economy growing and create new jobs.
“The time is right. And a fair plan is on the table – one that calls for raising the income tax while holding down increases for low- and middle-income families and seniors. To learn more and to get involved, visit
. Paid for by the Campaign for Our Communities.”
Listen to the ad here.
The Campaign for Our Communities also released the following updates on the growing business and grassroots support for increased public investment:
• Over 95 business leaders have now signed on to letters in support of increased revenues and investments in our communities.
• Over 1,000 supporters have gone to the State House to ask their elected officials to support increased revenues and public investment.
• Over 50 Massachusetts economists released a letter to the public saying that investments in transportation and education are needed to keep our state competitive in the new economy.
• Last week, another poll was released showing growing support for progressive revenues. An overwhelming 76 percent of Massachusetts voters approve of the Governor’s call for “major new investments” in transportation and education. Furthermore, 54 percent approve of increasing the income tax in order to make those investments.
• As of today, we have delivered over 13,000 postcards and generated thousands of phone calls and emails to state legislators asking them to support progressive revenue reforms that would raise an additional $2 billion.
The Campaign for Our Communities (@OurCommunities) was formed to improve the quality of life for Massachusetts families and to help build a stronger future for our state. The coalition, which includes more than 120 organizations (http://ourcommunities.org/endorsers-list.html), supports smart investments in people and communities. To fund these investments, it advocates for tax reforms that will raise new revenues while holding down increases for low- and middle-income families and seniors.
Click here to email your legislators and urge them to support the Campaign for Our Communities. For more resources, visit the MTA's revenue campaign toolkit.