MTA SEI Endorsement and RETELL Advisory No. 9
Sheltered English Immersion MTEL
REGISTRATION and TESTING INFORMATION
The Sheltered English Immersion MTEL is computer-based and will be available June 9, 2014. It will be offered six (6) days a week, Monday through Saturday. The cost is TBD. The Test Information Guide will be available in May. Tentatively, scores will be available in early September.
Registration begins on May 7, 2014. Members should register ASAP on or after May 7. MTEL Website
Currently, the test objectives are available. They will specify the content to be covered and outline the approximate percentage of the total test score derived from each of the sub-areas. Tutorials related to preparing for MTEL tests and computer-based testing procedures are available here. Soon, the practice test and test information books will be available.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE SEI MTEL?
- Who took category trainings and WIDA
- With out-of-state endorsement
- With other professional development in Sheltered English Immersion
- Who want to opt out of the SEI Endorsement Course
- A passing score will automatically qualify teachers for the SEI Endorsement
- Don't forget to apply for the SEI Endorsement via ELAR