Higher Education Consultant
The Massachusetts Teachers Association is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Higher Education Consultant. If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please notify Human Resources in writing by Friday, April 25, 2014.
TITLE: Higher Education Consultant
DIVISION: Higher Education
DESIGNATION: FSO Unit
RESPONSIBILITY: The Higher Education Consultant will be responsible for the delivery of the full services of the MTA/NEA in the areas for which the Consultant is responsible.
REPORTS TO: Director of Higher Education
- Ensures effective representation in collective bargaining.
- Ensures effective representation in contract enforcement matters (i.e. grievances, impact bargaining).
- Directs all activities of the MTA/NEA in the event of crises related to collective bargaining, employment security, professional quality, organizational integrity, legal rights, or legislative activity in areas to which the Consultant is assigned by the Director of Higher Education.
- Organizes members to actively participate in work of local chapters and in the political and legislative activities of the MTA/NEA.
- Pursues an active and aggressive program of public relations with civic and community groups and leaders in the region(s) in which the locals the Consultant is assigned are located.
- Conducts periodic assessments of membership needs and appropriately periodic evaluations of the quality of regional services and recommend to the Director of Higher Education program activities to improve the quality of services to better meet the needs of the members.
- Implements MTA/NEA policy in the area of the Consultant's assignment.
- Serves as a negotiator for collective bargaining agreements for the locals to which the Consultant is assigned.
- Undertakes impact bargaining as required for the locals to which the Consultant is assigned.
- Expedites all requests for services of members in the area to which the Consultant is assigned.
- Provides advice and representation on contract enforcement matters for the locals to which the Consultant is assigned.
- Designs and conducts programs and activities with the appropriate program divisions of MTA/NEA to improve local association leadership development and organizational improvement.
- Works in cooperation with members and staff of MTA/NEA outside of the Consultant's region, from time to time as the need arises, if such activities are required to assist the achievement of the goals of the members within the Consultant's region.
- Assists locals with their strategic planning activities.
- Pursues an ongoing internal organizing program in locals to which the Consultant is assigned.
- Designs and conducts programs and activities with the appropriate program divisions of MTA/NEA to insure widespread understanding of the activities of MTA and NEA.
- Works in concert and in cooperation with all other members of the MTA staff in the development and implementation of a full service program for the members within the Consultant's region.
- Performs such other duties within the Consultant's areas of responsibility as may be assigned by the Director of Higher Education.
To apply for this opportunity, submit your cover letter, resume and three professional references by April 25, 2014, to:
MTA Human Resources
20 Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
Follow us on LinkedIn.
Follow us on Twitter.