Senate District Coordinator (SDC)
TITLE: Senate District Coordinator
DESIGNATION: Non-unit position
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: The Senate District Coordinator (SDC) coordinates the activities of the Legislative Political Action Team (LPAT) and is responsible for the development and execution of the local and regional LPAT plans.
REPORTS TO: Director of Grassroots Campaigns (DGC)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Recruits members and contributes to the development of statewide Legislative Political
• Monitors, coaches and assists LPAT members to achieve LPAT goals.
• Coordinates ongoing training programs to ensure legislative professional development.
• Recruit members for local LPAT teams, utilizing resources such as the Voter Activation
• Build, update and maintain a list of members interested in legislative and political action.
• Maintain ongoing recruitment efforts to ensure at least 25 local LPAT members are
available to lobby assigned elected officials.
• Communicate regularly with LPAT members.
• Convene a minimum of six LPAT member meetings per state senate district per year.
• Initiate contact with state senator and targeted representatives.
• Collaborate with LPAT members to develop a political action strategy for local state senate districts.
• Provide ongoing feedback to the Director of Grassroots Campaigns.
• Participate in conference calls and maintain weekly contact with DGC.
• Identify and resolve any issues which arise with LPAT team effectiveness and development.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS
• Proven effectiveness in political and legislative action.
• Experience with organizing and recruitment.
• Familiarity with the MTA.• Excellent small and large group presentation and public speaking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to access and to use computers for common business applications.
• Willingness to travel and work nights and weekends.
SALARY: $7,500 per annum.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value our diverse workforce and welcome applications from minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.