MTRS announces retirement programs
The Massachusetts Teachers' Retirement System announces two retirement programs:
- Your MTRS Benefits: This program is for all members interested in learning more about the MTRS retirement plan and benefits.
- The Next Chapter: This program is the popular all-day retirement planning program for members five to 15 years from retirement.
Details on both programs are below.
Your MTRS Benefits is an optional, free, two-hour (4-6 p.m.) informal program for any member who wants more information about MTRS retirement benefits -- whether you are a new member, mid-career educator or soon-to-be retiree. Topics include:
- Benefits provided under the MTRS plan
- Purchasing creditable service
- Estimating your retirement benefits under the regular and RetirementPlus formulas
- Various issues you need to consider in retirement, including health insurance coverage, taxation of your retirement benefit, the rules on working after retirement, Social Security -- and more!
Program locations and dates:
HOLYOKE, Tuesday, April 15; Holyoke High School auditorium
AUBURN, Thursday, April 17; Auburn High School auditorium
BARNSTABLE, Thursday, April 17; Barnstable High School, Knight Auditorium
NEWTON, Tuesday, April 19; Oak Middle School auditorium
LEE, Wednesday, April 30; Lee High School auditorium
WEYMOUTH, Wednesday, April 30; Weymouth High School auditorium
TOPSFIELD, Thursday, May 1; Masconomet Middle School auditorium
CAMBRIDGE, Tuesday, May 6; MTRS Main Office, Presentation Room
TAUNTON, Thursday, May 8; Taunton High School auditorium
Space is limited, and registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis, according to the MTRS. Online registration is required for these programs and is available at http://mass.gov/mtrs.
The Next Chapter is an award-winning, retirement planning program for members who are five to 15 years from retirement, but it is a valuable seminar for any educator working on a retirement plan. Members are encouraged to bring their spouse or companion.
This all day, retirement planning program features speakers who address many retirement issues, including:
- Financial planning
- Estate planning
- Social Security and Medicare for the Massachusetts educator
- Your MTRS Benefits
The Next Chapter will be held in Taunton, Saturday, June 7, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Registration fee: $35 per person, which includes a continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Space is limited, and registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To attend, register online at http://mass.gov/mtrs by Tuesday, May 27.