Request for Proposals for the 2012 MTA Summer Conference
MTA's 2012 Summer Conference will be at Williams College in Williamstown – Sunday through Thursday, August 5-9.
The Massachusetts Teachers Association is a union of professional educators. For the 2012 Summer Conference, MTA is seeking proposals for Professional Educator Training for members in instructional practice and other areas of professional interest. Our conference attracts seven to eight hundred teachers, professors, retirees and education support staff from all over the state from every subject area.
We are seeking a wide variety of content and skill-based professional development opportunities for teachers, paraprofessionals and administrators in the areas of:
- Instructional practice
- 21st-century technologies
- English language learners
- Differentiated instruction
- Performance-based assessment tasks
- Special education
- Professional development content for math, language arts, music and art, history, science
All instructional practice workshop descriptions must identify the specific learning standards from the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks that the participants will be addressing. The MTA is a licensed provider of CEUs. Participants may earn PDPs for workshops that meet the DESE license renewal requirements. Participants who are preK-12 paraprofessionals/instructional aides/teaching assistants may earn PTPs. Presenters must articulate within the narrative how the workshop will apply to the curriculum standards for use in the classroom.
Social and Recreational Events
- Sessions that model recreation/social team building
- Time or stress management
- Physical fitness activities
- Engaging parties and receptions
- Each program narrative should consist of a cogent description of the substance of the program/workshop in 50 words or less.
- In February, the Planning Team will make selections and set the final schedule of seminars workshops and events.
- The conference guide will be sent to all MTA members in the April/May issue of MTA Today and will be posted on MTA’s Web site: massteacher.org/summer
- The workshop and housing registration deadline will be Friday, June 22.
- Honoraria and expenses are subject to current presenter fee guidelines.
- All proposals must include all presenters’ names and contact information, along with information on specific logistical needs.
Proposal deadline is January 20.
RFPs should be submitted online here.