ED Talks: Big Ideas about Education
Location: Williams College, Williamstown, MA 01267
Date: Monday, August 4, 2014
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Reception to follow the event.
2014 ED Talks Presenters
We’re thrilled to announce this year's slate of speakers for ED Talks: Big Ideas about Education. Here’s who will presenting “ideas worth sharing” at the 2014 MTA Summer Conference:
• Nancy Barile, high school teacher in Revere, adjunct professor at Emmanuel College, writer and beagle lover
• Dan Clawson, professor of sociology at UMass Amherst, former local association president, author and labor activist
• Jennifer Leung, middle school teacher in Groton-Dunstable, writer, reflective practioner, actor, director, ambivert and ambitechstrous
• Merrie Najimy, veteran teacher and president of the Concord Teachers Association
• Tracy Novick, member of the Worcester School Committee, blogger, parent and former teacher
• Max Page, professor of architecture and history at UMass Amherst, author, and recently back from Rome
• Mary Porter, high school chemistry teacher in Revere
• Alex Shevrin, technology and English teacher & school leader at a small alternative therapeutic high school in Burlington, VT, and EdCamp organizer
• Mary Ann Stewart, parent, school committee member, chair of Mass Partners for Public Schools and past president of the Massachusetts PTA
Use the hashtags, #mtasummer and #EDTalks, to follow the MTA Summer Conference on Twitter.
2013 ED Talks
The Space to Breathe: Using Meditation in the Classroom - Camille Napier Bernstein
Razing Readers: How Adults & Schools Are Destroying Our Children's Love of Reading - Laura Beals D'Elia
The City as a Classroom - Max Grinnell
View all of the 2013 ED Talks and the 2012 ED Talks. Learn more about the MTA Summer Conference.