Public Higher Education Advocacy Day
While a wintry forecast is keeping us away from the State House for Public Higher Education Advocacy Day, here are virtual actions you can take in support of Higher Ed for All:
RECORD A VIDEO
What does Higher Ed for All mean to you? Get your answer on video and ask your friends, family and colleagues to do the same. These videos will ultimately be shared with state legislators to building support for our campaign.
Reach Out to Your State Senator & Rep
- Locate Your Legislators at https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator.
- Check Our Tracker to See If They Support The Cherish Act.
- Ask Your Legislators If They Will:
- Co-sponsor The Cherish Act.
- Prioritize higher ed funding in their meetings with the members of the Ways and Means Committee.
Affordable, high-quality public higher education is essential to expand opportunity in all of our communities and to create a more equitable and prosperous Commonwealth. Higher Ed For All is advocating for fully funded community colleges, state universities and UMass campuses to knock down the barriers that too many potential college graduates encounter.
Let’s lobby to:
- Implement a debt-free college plan that covers not just tuition and fees but also living expenses, including food and housing.
- Expand existing programs that support student success and address staffing shortages.
- Promote the recruitment and retention of high quality and experienced faculty and staff — and make it possible for them to meet the needs of their students, particularly those who face the most significant challenges.
- Return to the historic model of public funding for public buildings on college and university campuses and include faculty and staff when assessing campus needs.